Bison Decals Tiger I, s.SS Pz.KP.
LAH/ Pz.Kp. Meyer/ Pz.Abt. Kummersdorf (BD 35023)
by Frank De Sisto
1/35-scale water-slide decals with markings for eight complete models.
Price: $9.00 USD, plus shipping.
With DML churning out new kits of Tiger Is, it should come as no surprise
that the after-market folks are keeping up by releasing new accessory
items. Bison has been issuing decals for this beast almost as fast as
the kits come. This latest effort concentrates on those issued to the
SS Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler Division (LAH), as well as some late-war
battle groups (KG), notably those named “Schwabbach”, “Meyer”
Five sets of markings for LAH are provided, and one each for the three
KGs. These are:
• White-outline 427, in winter whitewash.
• Black/white outline 1325, in dunkelgelb with rotbraun.
• Black/white outline 1334, in dunkelgelb with rotbraun.
• Black/white outline S12, in dunkelgelb with rotbraun and olivgruen.
• Black/white outline S45, in dunkelgelb with rotbraun and olivgruen,
covered in whitewash.
• Black 8, “Strolch”, in dunkelgelb with rotbraun and
• White 122, “Eschnapur”, in dunkelgelb with rotbraun
• White 323, in dunkelgelb with rotbraun and olivgruen.
Aside from featuring some uniquely-styled Tac numerals, several of these
Tigers are adorned with the LAH division insignia, while two carry names.
This will add some personality to the models.
The decals themselves are very crisply printed with each design on its
own very thin carrier film. Registration is excellent. The instructions
clearly show “what goes where”, often consisting of a profile
as well as detail views. Numbers match the specific decal design to its
location on each model, while color notes are also given. References are
listed and the modeler can also visit the manufacturer’s web page
for color images of the art.
These sets are well-designed and very economical, especially considering
the quality given. Tiger fans have never had it so good.
Bison products are available at retail and mail order shops and directly
from the manufacturer at: www.angelfire.com/pro/bison.
Visit their website for images of reviewed items.